Friday, May 26, 2006

Day with a Difference - May 26, 2006


Today's Inspirational Quote:

A quarrel between friends, when made up, adds a new tie to friendship. - St. Francis De Sales

It costs nothing to be nice --- Copyright © 1998 Sherrie Holland


I was working at Johns Hopkins as an Administrative Manager. I left my office to go to the ladies room and found one of our medical residents sobbing. I sat and talked with her for a while and tried to give her encouragement.

The next morning, she arrived at my office with a little box of Godiva chocolates and a very heartwarming note, thanking me and telling me how much my pep talk had helped her and that she knew she'd be fine now.

I sat at my computer and wrote the following, and after printing in a large font, taped it to my wall - as a reminder:
"It costs nothing to be nice ..... but the dividends are priceless."

Expand your knowledge base

A clean joke to sign off your week with laughter: The Sin of Lying

A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17." The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Every hand went up. The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying."

Have a great day and a fun-filled weekend!
Priya

No comments: