Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day with a Difference - April 11, 2006

Today's Inspirational Quote:

Remember sadness is always temporary. This, too, shall pass. --Chuck T. Falcon

The Fisher and the Little Fish - Aesop's fable


It happened that a Fisher, after fishing all day, caught only a little fish. "Pray, let me go, master," said the Fish. "I am much too small for your eating just now. If you put me back into the river I shall soon grow, then you can make a fine meal off me."
"Nay, nay, my little Fish," said the Fisher, "I have you now. I may not catch you hereafter."

A little thing in hand is worth more than a great thing in prospect.

Expand your knowledge base


Miscellaneous Facts

Eight is the first number alphabetically. Zero is the last.
Four is the only number that, spelled out, has as many letters
Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice In Wonderland, once noted that "eleven plus two" and "twelve plus one" use the same letters and produce the same sum.

Have a memorable day!
Priya

1 comment:

Nithya said...

This is a neat site. Thanks for posting.