Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day with a Difference - Nov 16, 2006

Today's Inspirational Quote:

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."

WHO PUSHED ME?

There was a wealthy man who wanted to choose a husband for his only daughter. One day he invited the eligible young men from the whole town. During the occasion, when everyone was present he made an announcement, "Today, I am going to choose a husband for my daughter. Anyone who can swim across this pool can have my daughter's hand in marriage and inherit half of my wealth. The only challenge is that the pool is full of alligators." With that announcement everyone present was silent. Suddenly, there was a loud splash, and in a matter of seconds a young man swam across the pool to the other side. Everybody cheered at the heroic feat of the young man. The wealthy man walked towards the young man and congratulated him. The young man said, "Sir, I am not interested in marrying your daughter. What I want to know is the name of the person who pushed me into the pool?"

There are various types of motivation, and the one that is related to the above story is "fear" motivation. Sometimes, to bring out the best in us or in others, we have to use fear motivation. We have potentials within us but we need to stir it up with motivation and inspiration. However, fear motivation will only work in the short term, because people will get accustomed to it in the long run.
Expand your knowledge base

A simple riddle you behold,
All that glitters is not gold.

My first is second in line,
I'll send shivers up your spine.

Though I'm not quite shining bright,
I seem to glitter in the light.

What am I?


































Answer


Ice, of course!

My first letter, 'I', is the second letter in the word, 'LINE'. In daylight, ice seems to glitter.

Have a memorable day!
Priya

No comments: