Monday, July 17, 2006

Day with a Difference - July 17, 2006

Today's Inspirational Quote:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Zen Moral stories


A Zen student said to his teacher, " Master, I have an ungovernable temper. Help me get rid of it."
" You have something very strange," said the teacher. "Show it to me."
" Right now I cannot show it to you."
"Why not?"
" It arises suddenly."
" Then it cannot be your own true nature," said the teacher, "if it were, you would be able to show it to me at any time. Why are you allowing something that is not yours to trouble your life?"

Thereafter whenever the student felt his temper rising he remembered his teacher's words and checked his anger. In time, he developed a calm and placid temperament.

Expand your knowledge base

Health Tips - Floss Your Teeth

Recent studies make a direct connection between longevity and teeth flossing. Nobody knows exactly why. Perhaps it's because people who floss tend to be more health conscious than people who don't? Thought for the day: Floss and be your body's boss.

Have a memorable day!

Priya

2 comments:

Priya said...

That was awesome to start a good day....

Unknown said...

Hi. Priya... so lets start the week without any bad temper.... good tip on flossing. well done.