Sunday, October 29, 2006

Day with a Difference - Oct 30, 2006

Today's Inspirational Quote:

To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others. - Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Beauty Tips


A dear old lady was asked what she used to make her complexion so beautiful and her whole being so bright and attractive.

She answered:

"I use for my lips, truth
I use for my voice, kindness
I use for my ears, compassion
I use for my hands, charity
I use for my figure, uprightness
I use for my heart, love
I use for any who do not like me, prayer."

Expand your knowledge base

Anagrams - Each of the following sentences has three missing words. The first missing word of each sentence is 6 letters long, the second missing word is 5 letters long, and the third missing word is 4 letters long. All the 6 letter words are anagrams of each other, as are all the 5 letter words, and all the 4 letter words. Can you fill in the blanks?

1) Nobody would ______ to the old pirate any more, because his _____ were far too ____.
2) The fans were ______ as the opposition managed to _____ the game from the home ____.

Scroll down for the answer ...


















Answer

1) Nobody would LISTEN to the old pirate any more, because his TALES were far too TAME.
2) The fans were SILENT as the opposition managed to STEAL the game from the home TEAM.

Have a memorable day and a great week ahead!
Priya

No comments: