Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Day with a Difference - Aug 30, 2006

Today's Inspirational Quote:

Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle. - Helen Keller

The Power Of Positive Thinking - Norman Vincent Peale


A man once telephoned Norman Vincent Peale. He was despondent and told the reverend that he had nothing left to live for. Peale invited the man over to his office. "Everything is gone, hopeless," the man told him. "I'm living in deepest darkness. In fact, I've lost heart for living altogether."

The famous author of The Power of Positive Thinking smiled sympathetically."Let's take a look at your situation," he said calmly. On a sheet of paper he drew a vertical line down the middle. He suggested that they list on the left side the things the man had lost, and on the right, the things he had left. "You won't need that column on the right side," said the man sadly. "I have nothing left, period."

Peale asked, "When did your wife leave you?" "What do you mean? She hasn't left me. My wife loves me!" "That's great!" said Peale enthusiastically. "Then that will be number one in the right-hand column—Wife hasn't left. Now, when were your children jailed?" "That's silly. My children aren't in jail!"

"Good! That's number two in the right-hand column—Children not in jail," said Peale, jotting it down. After a few more questions in the same vein, the man finally got the point and smiled in spite of himself. "Funny, how things change when you think of them that way," he said.

Expand your knowledge base

Jokes: Actual Bumber Stickers

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car ...

When there's a will, I want to be in it!

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... till you can find a rock.

Have a memorable day!

Priya

1 comment:

boots said...

Thanks for the nice blog! Reading this is a nice way for me to end the day. I look forward to tomorrow evening.